Contact Details and How to Book (please read carefully)
Booking requests will only be considered when sent by e-mail to the address shown below. Your e-mail should contain your name, address, and the date and times that you wish to book. You must also include the name, address, and contact details of the person/company/group that will be paying for the booking.
Messages left on the Caretaker's telephone answer machine or requests by word of mouth or postal requests will not be considered as bookings or booking requests.
A hirer should not arrive for their 'booking' unless they have received an e-mail from the Caretaker confirming the requested dates and times or other ad-hoc arrangements that may have been requested. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that they have received their confirmation e-mail and that they have retained a copy of this, either online or hardcopy, for inspection, should a booking dispute arise on the day. The absence of a confirmation e-mail will be regarded as proof that no booking has been made, should there be a dispute.
Charges for the hall are as follows:
Standard Rate is £11.00 per hour.
Reduced Rate for Island folk is £8.00 per hour.
Please contact the caretaker for prices for weddings and other large events.
How to Book
To book, simply e-mail our caretaker (shown above) with the details of your requirements.
Large Catered Evening Events - Weddings, Adult Parties, Dances etc.
- Please contact the Caretaker regarding bookings and cost for weddings etc.
- Decorating the hall is allowed by pre-arrangement only. Please contact the caretaker to discuss your requirements when making the booking.
- The user is responsible for removing all property belonging to themselves and their guests and/or their caterers from the hall buildings by 12.30 p.m. on the day after the event. Failure to do so may lead to the items being removed by the cleaners and/or members of the Craignure Hall Committee.
- Any food/drink left in the kitchen and/or fridge following a large catered event will be removed after 24 hours unless prior arrangements have been made with the caretaker.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- Due to fire regulations no more than 250 people are allowed in the main hall at any one time. The event organizer is responsible for ensuring this maximum is not breached.
- For use of hall equipment/facilities please make arrangements with the caretaker.
- The caretaker should be notified of any cancellations or changes to the booking prior to the date required otherwise a charge may be incurred.
- The user (s) is responsible for familiarizing themselves with the locations of fire exits and should dial 999 if the fire alarms are activated. See health and safety file located in the hall foyer.
- The book in the kitchen should be used to lodge any damage or breakages or complaints.
- Prior to departure, ensure that all lights, heaters and electrical equipment are switched off, (a charge may be levied to cover extra electricity used), and that all chairs are returned to where they were found.
- Leave the building as you would expect to find it & please use the re-cycling bins provided. In the event of the hall requiring extra cleaning and/or damage to the hall/property after use, a charge may be levied.
- Cheques should be made payable to Craignure Village Hall.
FIRE & SAFETY POLICY
A summary of the Hall Users’ Responsibilities
- In the event of an outbreak of fire, the person discovering the fire will immediately contact the emergency services by dialing 999. All users should then evacuate the building via the nearest exit to a safe position, well away from the building. The event organizer is responsible for ensuring that all users are made aware the actions to take in the event of a fire.
- All hall users should familiarize themselves with the hall’s health, safety and fire policy, risk assessments and fire exit plan. This information is available in the wall mounted folder, marked hall health and safety information in the hall foyer.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- Sources of naked flames are prohibited including the use of candles.
- Keep combustible materials away from sources of heat and ignition.
- Keep all fire doors closed at all times.
- Keep all exits clear at all times.
- Any defective equipment must be taken out of use immediately. The fault on the equipment should be reported immediately to the committee.
- Please report any damage to equipment or furnishing and/or any health and safety or fire incidents/near misses to Andy or Diana on 01680 812105. In the event that Andy or Diana are not available please contact another hall committee member. Their telephone numbers can be found on the hall entrance door.
CANCELLATION POLICY (Important - please read)
Please let the Caretaker know if you no longer need your booking.
If you do not tell us before the date booked, you may be charged.
KEY COLLECTION & RETURN
The key for the Village Hall should be collected and signed for at the Craignure Visitor Information Centre (next to the Calmac Office) during office hours (09.00 to 17.00 hrs.) and then returned there. If returning out of office hours the key can be posted through the rear door of the Visitor Information Centre. If you are unable to collect a key during office hours please make prior arrangements with the Caretaker. (07792 485454)